How to Volunteer at KUER
Volunteers play an important role in all nonprofit organization and KUER is no exception.
We are looking for reliable and dedicated individuals to become regular volunteers. Whether you can help a few times a year or a few hours a day, we need your help! No experience is required, just enthusiasm and commitment. It's a great way to meet new people, gain valuable job experience and have some fun in the community! KUER could use volunteers in the following ways:
- Fund Drive Volunteers - we need volunteers to answer phones and take pledges during our week-long fund drives in both fall and spring. Fund drive shifts require a time commitment of 2-3 hours.
- Office Support - we have many KUER members, which is great! It also means we send out a lot of pledge bills, thank you letters and general correspondence. We need volunteers weekly to help us stuff, fold and send out information!
- Special Events - KUER hosts several special events each year. Volunteers are needed to set-up and clean-up the events as well as assist with check-in and directing/hosting guests.
- Public Awareness - we need volunteers knowledgeable about KUER and its programs to represent us at various booths and community events. We set up KUER booths at outdoor concert series, festivals, farmers markets, etc. Volunteers are needed to set up and host (sit at) the booths during events. This is a great way to get out in the community and share your love of KUER!
- Special Needs - As the station grows we find the need for special volunteer tasks and duties. We could use help with graphic design, photography, and engineering. Call us if you have a talent you would like to share!
To become a volunteer please fill out our volunteer application and either fax it to (801) 581-6625 or email the application back to us. We will be in touch with you once we have received your application.
Attention: Nastaran Alimadadi
101 South Wasatch Drive
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
If you have any questions about becoming a volunteer please contact Nastaran Alimadadi, volunteer coordinator, at (801) 581-7322.